Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Songwriting

I have had the great privilege of co-writing with Steve Bell and Jacob Moon in the last few months, with some very satisfying results. You can hear the song that Steve and I wrote which is called 'These are the Ones' at the SignpostVillage theatre here.
Jacob and I wrote the title track for his new Christmas album called 'This Christmas'. It won't be released for a little while yet, but I'm pleased as to how it turned out; I also contributed some background vocals to it. I enjoy the process of writing with someone else. You wrestle over words and melodies, but, in the end the process can really work. It always helps to have some objectivity! Look for these tunes on future Signpost releases.


Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey glen its dan whalen from the campus life porgrame fundraser
just wanted to say thanks 4 the cd and that u rock dude

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dan. It brings a tear to my eye to think that someone under 20 thinks I rock! Stay between the ditches my friend!

Cathy Scott said...

Hi Glen, I was looking for a spot to ask when you are going to publish sheet music for your songs and this was the first good spot I found. So?

Cathy

Glen Soderholm said...

Cathy,

If the funding comes in (which is looking good at the moment) we will have a songbook available this Fall with all the tunes that we feel are translatable to congregational worship, including a few new ones from our upcoming 'seasonal' recording. Thanks for your interest and keep checking the web-site for information on the book's release.

Glen